Automated Prevention of Delayed Shipments
Our client wanted the shift from manual to automated delayed supply identification and email forwarding.
dispatchers required, compared to 40 in the past
man-hours saved annually
room for errors since emails are being sent directly to supplier
The existing process requires thorough analysis in ERP system to identify potential delay in goods delivery for the production lines. Automatically generated emails are then to be forwarded manually by the responsible dispatchers. It includes repetitive and mundane activity that is prone to errors such as:
- Failure to identify delayed supply
- Miss to forward reminder email to supplier
- Sending email to wrong supplier
- Inadequate and/or time-wasting action by deputy colleague in case of sickness or vacation leave
From manual to automated delayed supply identification and email forwarding.
The solution includes a scheduled lookup in our client’s ERP system for dispatchers that have suppliers with delayed shipments of freights. Together with our team, business users defined the rules that allow for the bot to identify such cases and send reminder emails to the suppliers and their corresponding dispatchers, before the delay has actually happened. By doing this, suppliers still have some time and options to organize an additional delivery of the delayed goods thus eliminating any possibility for latter delay on the production lines of the manufacturing company.
- None dispatchers required, compared to 40 in the past
- 1000 man-hours saved annually
- Zero room for errors since emails are being sent directly to supplier